Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Home | Provisions





I chatted with my mom all Saturday morning about this piece, that piece, what it looked like, “early american style,” you say? What’s “blonde furniture,” anyway?
I didn’t really know if we’d come out with much (auctions can be like that), and for as much as I’ve been fretting over where we would get the money to buy the things we need and want to make our house a home, I was very unaffected by the whole process, though very thankful my mom was looking for cheap furniture for us. It seemed like just another day. And for the most part, it was.
But that’s the sad part: It was just a normal day. How often do I look at the provisions of God, and the circumstances that lead up to them, and don’t even blink an eye. I don’t even expect something I need, let alone something that I don’t need. But look at all this furniture that my mom bought for us, and all she intended to get for us was a coffee table ($1). God put the rest in a bundle with the lamp my sister wanted.
Also for $1.
Perfect coffee table:
When I say perfect, I mean rounded corners, great height, and nearly 4’ long... everything we wanted for family evenings in the living room.
Dresser for Seb’s room:
Perfect for a changing table on top!
Bookshelf on legs
Tall dresser:
For Cody or myself (We’ll see who has more clothes! Ha! The one who wins gets the larger IKEA dresser).
I was sitting this evening looking over the pictures my mom sent to me of the pieces they bought, deciding what I wanted, and I just felt so humbled. “Just look,” I thought, “at the way God has so generously provided these things for us. And I have done nothing.” But then again, that’s the way God works. I pray that next time I’ll be quick to see God’s hand at work, and praise Him for his provisions. I am thankful that when I am weak, then He is strong.

P.S. I can't wait to clean and update them! Kaite, you are my inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment