Friday, December 12, 2014

#meetingoftheminds + new feature


This is becoming a regular scene around here. They frequently put their heads together and whisper and giggle. About what, I don't know, but I'm sure it's important. Library day is refreshing because we come home with a fresh batch of books and they spend all afternoon rolling around on the floor pretending to read and exploring the pages. And since we're being real here (just check out that living room floor!) we also like all the new movies we get every week. I love seeing these two grow up together.

Below is a feature I'll be adding to posts occasionally. It will always be at the end of a post, so if hearing about oils is something that doesn't interest you, you can skip it! I want to include this as a way to share how we're using oils and what they're doing for our family. I hope you enjoy it!

_______________________________
T H E   S T R E C K E R S   U S E   O I L S

Growing pains: One drop of Deep Blue, diluted with 1 tsp. coconut oil, rubbed on Bruno's legs. It instantly soothed those pesky middle-of-the-night growing pains. We heard him snoring within seconds.

Hormonal headaches: This discovery almost made me cry (but I didn't probably because I only cry when I'm hormonal, and this stuff is awesome). I apply Clary Calm, which conveniently comes in a roller bottle, under my ears and on the back of my neck. I apply this a few times a day and it has made me feel incredible. I have more energy, and I don't get my normal headaches and nausea that hit me multiple times a day.

Anxious stomach: I had an upsetting conversation the other day and it gave me a stomach ache. I applied a couple drops of Balance to the bottom of my feet and directly on my stomach and the pain was gone within about 3 minutes. The best part was that this enabled me to think more clear-headed about the situation, calm down, and realize that it wasn't something I needed to dwell on.

Couldn't keep my eyes open, but needed to stay awake a little longer: I applied a drop of peppermint to my temples and a little on the back of my neck and it perked me right up.

Bedtime ritual with kids: We've added lavender to our bedtime prep with the boys. They enjoy rubbing a drop of lavender on the bottoms of their feet before bed. Seb always takes a deep whiff, closes his eyes, and says, "Mmmmm, that smells so good!"

Skincare routine: I have very dry, sensitive skin. I only wash my face with facewash when I have makeup on, but otherwise I simply splash my face with water. I normally moisturize with Argan oil, but lately I've added a drop each of lavender and lemon to it at night, and a drop each of frankincense and melaleuca to it in the morning. I have noticed a big difference in the texture of my skin, and the amount of pesky breakouts and skin blotchiness is noticeably less. I especially enjoy the lavender + lemon combo at night. It's wonderfully refreshing and relaxing after a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment