Saturday, January 1, 2011

Home | January One


Happy New Year! I hope you had a lovely Christmas with family and friends, and had a great New Year's Eve. We were with friends enjoying delicious whiskey sours.

Do you have any new year's resolutions? I have a few that I'm really excited about.

1. Cody and I are going to read each day's reading in My Utmost for His Highest, as well as the corresponding chapter in the Bible, and then discuss what we've read. Today's was about conforming our will to His, giving our all for the glory of God and choosing to follow Him daily—My Utmost for His Highest.

2. Spend less time on the computer. I'm really excited about this one, even though it means that this blog will suffer for it. This decision is an outgrowth of the way I spent my Christmas break. It was so liberating, and I actually found time to read! Which leads me to my third resolution:

3. Read more! I have always loved to read, but at the same time, it has become a struggle for me to make time for it. I finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone over Christmas break and am working on Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island right now (I have the gorgeous Anthropologie version (!!), compliments of my sister). I also bought The Secret Garden and Peter Pan when I went to Anthropologie while at home.


Praying that you and yours are blessed this new year.

2 comments:

  1. For one, I'm buying less books but I'll be reading a lot more still-- I have a lot of books that need to be read. Those are great resolutions, Mary! A blessed new year to you and your wonderful little family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is adorable -- and what great resolutions! Good luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete