Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Food


This week I made a pound cake. Yea yea yea, I know. It's another Smitten Kitchen recipe. Well, she hasn't failed me yet! Although I shouldn't speak too soon... that pita bread dough that I have in the refrigerator might be the death of me. Regardless, I will continue to try her recipes. I love SK because a) She is thorough. By the time I get to the actual recipe, I feel like I know exactly what to expect. b) The pictures are awesome. Not only are they beautiful, but they really help show you what to do and what the finished product should look like. And c) Everything I've made has been unforgettable.

This pound cake did not disappoint. The texture was marvelous, somewhat crumbly, yet moist and light, and the flavor was phenomenal. If you decide to try it out, don't leave out the lemon zest or rum because you think they are superfluous. They give it such a kick and richness of flavor. 

Enjoy!



How can you deny something that has batter that looks like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment