Thursday, July 14, 2011

Books | Mary Poppins & Toast


I've been reading the Mary Poppins series, and just started on book two. It is extremely odd, and Mary Poppins is not quite as Disney portrayed her. Julie Andrews is much prettier, kinder, lovelier, and more endearing than her original. However, she is just as vain, which I find to be hilarious.


But the real point of this post is toast. Yes, toast. Several times the author, P.L. Traverse, describes Mary Poppins as smelling like fresh toast. I was surprised the first time, but the second time was just ridiculous. Does fresh toast smell good? I mean, would I want to actually smell like fresh toast?


I would have imagined that Mary Poppins smelled like gumdrops, but I guess that's the Julie Andrews version. I suppose it's the odd and unexpected about the Mary Poppins books that makes them good. But they're still on trial with me.


Have you read them?


image


P.S. Toast coasters

No comments:

Post a Comment