Saturday, May 19, 2012

Home | Mary turns... two?












Yesterday was my 25th birthday. We had a family party at my parent's house, per tradition, but this year, it was a little different. The decorations weren't pretty flowers and a feminine tablecloth, but Thomas and Friends with a matching cake. Sebastian's birthday is just 11 days after mine, so we decided to smoosh them together, and the result was all things 2 year-old-boy, which we loved. It seemed like we were all young again. And let's face it, all I cared about was getting my requested coconut cream pie made by my mom. (I got it and it was delicious).

It was so fun to make Seb a crazy themed cake, too, with the helpful assistance of my youngest sister Joanna. Growing up, mom always went all out to make us themed cakes, and I hope I can carry on the tradition with my kids. I think we're off to a good start.

So here's my birthday post, and it's all about Seb. I will tell you, though, that I got some pretty Saltwater sandals from Cody, among other great things from my parents, and that just about made my day.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time was had by all! So exciting about the sandals- Dan gave me a pair for my birthday in February! I've been really loving them the last few weeks since the weather has been warm. What color did you get? That cake is awesome, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it was fun! it looks like you guys had a fun birthday party, too! i got the dark navy ones, and love love love them. unfortunately they are the wrong size, so i'm still waiting to enjoy them, but soon! : )

      Delete