Tuesday, May 28, 2013

N & G's | The first week







I can't believe that it's only been 1 week since we drove away from our home in Durham. It seems like a million things have happened and a lifetime passed since walking those wooden floors. There are a multitude of challenges still before us, like learning to live well in another's home, which is extremely humbling, and although we are absolutely loving being with our families right now, I long to be in our own place where I can find our things that are now stubbornly hidden in the recesses of scuffed up boxes and bins. It seems that no matter how well I think I've packed, it wasn't good enough—if my goal was to be able to locate those things later, that is. I've done many a deep search for maple syrup, diapers, and Seb's toothbrush and toothpaste, which all seem to be pretty essential in my mind. But at the end of the day, somehow, we've remained fed, clothed (and diapered), and with the assistance of the local walmart: cavity-free.

We are so grateful for those who have been selflessly loving us while we relearn so much about life.

P.S. Sebastian specifically designed that Mr. Potato Head to look like his mama.... please tell me that this is only accurate in the Picasso interpretation of things!

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for diapers and for toothpaste. You're very brave to be living with other people (even family) for an extended period of time. After three days I'm all, "need my bed, need my towels, need my couch." I'm excited to follow your adventures more!

    ReplyDelete