Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Food | Rhubarb streusel muffins


I love Smitten Kitchen, but this recipe needs a little pick me up. I’m all about the rhubarb, and these muffins don't have enough. The recipe calls for 1 cup, but I’m going to double it next time. Otherwise, this is a fabulous breakfast muffin. It isn’t very sweet, so it’s not guilt-inducing. I misplaced my muffin pan, so I made it into two loaves and increased the baking time by 5 minutes until they were done. They were perfect.
Thanks to our neighbor, Flo, who gave us a big bundle of rhubarb from her garden!

Tell me, do you enjoy baking with rhubarb?

1 comment:

  1. I love! Love, love Rhubarb. Unfortunately, Jason doesn't... so that limits what I get to create with it. My favorite dish so far is a rhubarb crisp that is a sort of generational recipe, though its very simple. Mixing rhubarb with apples and other tart things also is super fun.

    ReplyDelete