Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Home Decor | Personal style = home style


I was watching the Nate Berkus Show for the first time, and was so excited for what I saw and learned. It was a home transformation based on the idea of taking personal style i.e. favorite clothing, colors, accessories and textures to create an interior space. It really made me think more about what I actually love. What clothes do I love to wear and how could they be translated into my home interior?


No wonder I have home interior schizophrenia! My wardrobe is much the same way. Ha!

I do know that I love to wear stripes, solids and florals. My accesorizing is very minimal, my staple items are jeans and tees, and my color palette is neutral. The most important thing to me when searching for new clothes is fit. I know I can buy a basic tee (or three!) at Walmart or Old Navy, but I would gladly spend $30 on one that fits well and that I know will hold its shape and last forever. This is difficult when on a tight budget! Mostly what I think I can take away from my personal style is that I love quality, a clean and clutter-free look, fabrics, neutral and rich or unusual colors, and simplicity, oh, and comfort. Comfort is key.
How does this translate into my perfect home interior? No idea. But I hope I’ll be able to share it with you when we move in a few weeks! I’m ready for a space that relfects me, my family, and the way we live.
Does your home space reflect your personal style? I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment