Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fitness | Suzanne Bowen


I'm slightly obsessed with fitness expert Suzanne Bowen.

Oh how things change. The first time I did one of her videos, I was about 1.5 months postpartum. It was a 10 minute Solutions "Flat Belly Fast" segment at the end of my prenatal pilates dvd, and I turned it off in disgust. I remember thinking, "They really expect women who just had babies to do this?" She seemed so perfect and went through the moves with such ease, that all I could think was... robot. Needless to say, I didn't give that video, or Suzanne Bowen, another thought. Until, that is, I realized that my mom tummy wasn't going away by magic. I did some research on some good ab workout dvds, and finally pulled out that supposedly horrid 10 minute Suzanne Bowen workout. It was hard at first, but not as terrible as I remember. After-baby hormones and lack of sleep had probably played a significant role in my disdain for this woman.

Since then, I've bought her 10 Minute Solutions Blast Off Belly Fat dvd, and absolutely love it. Do I have flat abs? No, no, and no. But that's my fault. It is a fabulous compilation of workouts, though, and great for busy (and tired) moms since you can mix and match, or do just 10 minutes at a time.

Right now, I'm wishing I lived in Nashville so that I could attend her BarreAmped class.


Do have a fitness expert that you always turn to? In college, I was all about Denise Austin. I became a little disillusioned with her during my pregnancy, though. Her dvd was not that great, and definitely not intense enough.

Happy Thursday!

P.S. I'd love to know what you guys do for physical activity. Check out Suzanne's website and blog!

image

No comments:

Post a Comment