Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cloth | Fancy (wool) pants for a 19 month old






Somebody likes showing off his underwears!

Our new Underwoolies came in the mail over Christmas break, so I finally got them washed and lanolized and ready to wear. The colors are deep sea and gold, and though Seb is about 26 lbs., I purchased size 3 (for 30+ lbs.). You have to account for the bulk of diapers, not just the weight of your baby. Here's to hoping these last until potty training!

P.S. Would you all be interested in hearing more about wool covers and how I care for them? I'm no expert, but I'm very aware of how little help is on the internet, and how confusing it can be. And while I'm asking, are there any other things that I've mentioned that you would like me to share more about?

8 comments:

  1. I would love to hear more about wool covers, and I really like everything you post. Can you post more of your budget homemaking tips? It's always good to hear how other people do it, and of course to commiserate on the woes of budgeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd also love to hear more about your wool covers. And I think Dawn has a good idea. Trying to create a lovely home atmosphere, having babies, collecting a high quality, versatile wardrobe - all things that can be discouraging on a tight budget! I'm also always looking for good recommendations for children's books; I'd love to know what you and Cody like to read to Seb. I've realized in the last eight months that reading for pleasure can be a really difficult thing to squeeze in for moms, but if you've read anything great lately, I'd like to hear about that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, guys! i love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. from seb: "thanks, autie meg! i'm rather fond of it, too."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I was just going to e-mail you and ask about the wool covers because I still have not used them successfully. Do you have any tips, too, Kate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in agreement with the others, I would love to hear about budget ideas and of course, cloth diapers! (once I get started I am confident it'll be fine, I'm just at the unknowing point!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am beyond excited about the interest in cloth diapers and wool! message or comment if there are any particular things that you're confused about or need help with. i'm going to work on putting some posts together.

    ReplyDelete