Saturday, January 28, 2012

Seb | Year One Photo Book














For my birthday last year, Cody's parents gave me some money to make a photo book of Sebastian's first year, and I finally put it together. I had intended on getting it through Apple, but as I was looking at their book layouts, I wasn't entirely happy with any of them. I had heard so many good things about Pinhole Press, that I decided to see what they had to offer. Let's just say these people know how to make an attractive book. I love how their layouts and design let the photos speak for themselves, and you really feel like you've just created a precious keepsake. We ordered up a 97-photo book with a red cloth binding, that is just lovely. The only drawback to Pinhole Press, that I've encountered, is that the layout of their books can't be altered. This fact almost kept me from purchasing our book through them, since I was particular about the order and orientation of our photos. I eventually made it work, but it would have been much better had I been able to keep things exactly chronological and displayed how I wanted.

Have you made a photo book? What is your favorite company to work with? I'm kind of hooked now, and would love to make a small book of our wedding. And of course, baby boy #2 is coming soon... I'm just proud of myself for making Seb's book before this little one arrives!

Thanks for the book, Mom and Dad Strecker! We can't wait for you to thumb through it's pages when you visit this weekend.

7 comments:

  1. I made my mom a pinhole brag book for Chrismas in the orange....she loved it and I am hooked too! So quality. I will be ordering a couple of these when I have the budget! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how fun! i've been looking at those. i hope your budget allows for a few for yourself soon. : )

      Delete
  2. Your book looks great; so artistic!

    I've used MyPublisher to make books in the past. I chose them because they were the best quality of books I'd seen made by friends. They let you change the layout and add as much text/photos as you like. And they always have half-off deals. Here's a link to the book I made for Bop:

    http://teamuecker.blogspot.com/search/label/Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i'll look into mypublisher! i'm always up for a good deal. : ) what a sweet book! i was so bad at keeping track of things with seb... that will be a treasure for your little one!

      Delete
  3. I love love love this! It makes me want to visit Raleigh even more, just to look through it. I'm glad you posted the pictures- so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you totally should, karen! this book needs some lovin.

      Delete
  4. I love the book you chose, beautifully simple and classic! I've looked at Pinhole Press before, but, like you said, the layout organization has kept me from ordering. I used AdoramaPix.com for our wedding book and our anniversary book and while I absolutely love their picture quality and layout options, I like the Pinhole covers better. One neat thing about adorama is that they offer seamless books, meaning you can have one picture stretching across both pages uninterrupted by the usual center seam in most traditionally bound photo books. I loved that especially for our wedding book because it's perfect for group shots with family or bridal party.

    ReplyDelete