Thursday, March 15, 2012

Home | Preparations


"I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the basket." Psalm 81:6

Cody's mom, dad and sister arrive tonight, and we are beyond excited. This weekend will be filled with lots of family fun, as we are going to Cody's cousin's wedding on the Outer Banks. Immediately following the Strecker family departure from Durham, my brother and his fiance will arrive to spend their spring break with us, and then a after they leave, my mom and youngest sister catch a plane our way. Folks, that's 2.5 weeks of non-stop visitors. This of course is beyond awesome, but I also have a tendency to work my tush to pieces in preparation. Oh, you do that, too? I was hoping my energy would last until tonight, but after an adventurous morning grocery shopping with Seb, I am officially wiped, and now sit, completely unmotivated to do anything at all. (So glad I got the deep cleaning done yesterday!)

So amidst the clutter, I sit drinking my first cup of coffee in weeks, and read the daily office, which has become my new favorite ritual. I hope you're encouraged by the promise of rest found in Psalm 81, as I am. Have a marvelous weekend, my friends!

image

1 comment: