Monday, April 16, 2012

Style | Easy ensemble


I love this simple Madewell dress paired with Saltwater sandals.

I've gotten to that point in my pregnancy when, even though I have only two tanks that cover my impossibly huge belly and nothing other than athletic shorts to keep me cool, I've set my sights to what I'm going to wear after pregnancy. A task, which in my opinion, is just as daunting as figuring out how to dress during pregnancy. Suddenly, I've forgotten completely what I wore after Sebastian was born, so I've got a little brainstorming to do... An added challenge will be figuring out how to dress for the scorching heat while nursing! Dear Michigan, I miss your cool Summer breezes already.

Do you have any brilliantly simple summer wardrobe staples?


4 comments:

  1. I've found that dressing for nursing can be as challenging as dressing during pregnancy! There are just not many options out there (affordable ones, anyway)! I think someone could do really well designing reasonably priced, stylish, nursing friendly clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amen to that!! i have ideas of what would work well and be cute, so i guess now all i need is my own personal seamstress to turn my dreams into reality!

      Delete
  2. Dressing after baby has been SO much harder. My chest is at a 32DD (from an A cup...) and there is a fine line between modesty and needing access to feed a baby...and very few things in the stores actually fit that criteria. I finally broke down and bought 2 shirts from Motherhood Maternity with the elastic necklines. I realized maternity/nursing clothes take chest size into account when labeling S/M/L.
    If you find patterns or anything that look like they work PLEASE post! (My mom has become my personal seamstress. We are trying to talk her into an etsy shop)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey kris! i don't know if you saw this post, but i think that for someone who knows how to sew well, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to add buttons or snaps down the front, even just partially. you should look into it! it looks like it would be the most fabulous shirt for the hot summer.
      http://marystrecker.blogspot.com/2012/03/style-wiksten-tank.html

      Delete