Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Home | The park in my slippers








This morning I drove Cody to school at 10, realizing as we were rushing to the car that I was still wearing my slippers. Little did I know that an adventure awaited this mama and her slippers. (As a mom, I use the term "adventure" lightly).

When we got home, Seb uncharacteristically really didn't want to get out of the car. I was okay with this because I thought if we drove around for a few more minutes, Bruno would fall asleep in the car. So... we headed out again and somehow ended up at Lyon park. Unfortunately for us, this park was designed for 5-12 year olds, so as a not yet 3 year old, there was very little that Sebastian could safely tackle. We hopped back into the car with the promise that we'd drive around and look for another park. Durham is scattered with parks, so it only took us about 2 minutes to find Forest Hills park by way of a few gorgeous, hidden away streets, strewn with the most stunning houses. We had been to this park once or twice before, but my GPS always took me on main roads, and for some reason, this made the park feel like quite the jaunt. Taking a few back roads suddenly made it feel like it was in our neighborhood. After sloughing a few ice chunks from the slides, it was the perfect place to spend our morning.

We can't wait to go back and play again soon, maybe next time I'll remember to leave my slippers at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment