Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Home | Today





Today was long and hard, but I've noticed that even on the worst days, God gives you moments of sunshine. These boys are so sweet to one another. Their imaginations are growing and they are becoming best friends. And somehow I'm in charge of all this? It's extremely daunting. Those dinosaur feet didn't add much to the day (although they did make an appearance later when Cody and Seb pretended to be living in a dinosaur house in Seb's room).

How do I make these days full of life, instead of yelling, and quick tempers? My dearest friend gave me this book, and I spent some time in it this evening. It is simultaneously the most convicting and encouraging thing I've read on mothering. I feel crushed as I read it, and then full of hope as I finish. Tomorrow can be different, but it will take selflessness, patience, and a willingness to engage with my kids on their level.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful for you, beautiful friend. I'm so encouraged by your love and incredible mama-ing.

    And dinosaur feet?! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Rachel Jankovich's first book in one sitting. She makes mothering seem both an absolutely insane and yet absolutely doable thing. And we need all the encouragement we can get--at least I do with one good-natured 6 month old. I don't know how you do it with two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking purely from what I see on your blog, and know of you as a person, you are a rockstar mom with soooooo much patience and creativity. THE BEAN STATION? THE DINOSAUR FEET? THE TIME SEB JUST PLAYED IN ALL THAT AMAZING CLOUD STUFF?

    Genius.

    ReplyDelete