Friday, February 14, 2014

6/52



"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014."

Sebastian | It's easy for me to get frustrated with Seb for doing things like plopping himself down in the middle of a castle courtyard, getting dirty, and for who knows what reason. But then he so often has a response to my, "What are you doing?" that stops me dead in my huffy tracks: "I'm fishing, mama!" His imagination is blossoming, and I don't want to squash is curiosity. Here's to letting our kids get dirty, make messes, and try knew things. So often I find myself trying to "entertain" my boys, only to realize that the best way for me to do that is to facilitate their own imaginations and desire to discover. They know how to do the rest.

Bruno | He's a thrill-seeker. The park in Tübingen has an incredible slide, and while my brother and his family were visiting, we took them there. Bruno can't get enough of slides these days, and this look of pure joy is the absolute best.

No comments:

Post a Comment